Friday, November 7, 2008

Thing One and Thing Two










































Recently I was thinking about my busy boys and I likened them to "little things". Then I remembered the Doctor Suess book, "The Cat in the Hat" and Thing One and Thing Two that are let out of the box and get into lots of trouble. Ah ha, I thought! That is what they should be for Halloween! And that is how it happened:)

I found the wigs and patches on ebay and then bought the onesies and sweats and socks from walmart, ironed on the patches and their costumes were complete. They didn't really mind the wigs too much and kept them on most of the night.

Matt planned to wear the Cat in the Hat outfit but the one we borrowed from a friend didn't fit him so I ended up doing it. The kids looked great and we got lots of compliments. I'll never forget these costumes!

We took the boys to our church's Harvest Fun Fest. It is a big gym with games and tons of candy. They also have a bounce house and a fire truck that comes. Everyone dresses up and there is food and live music (my parents played in a Hillbilly band for this). The boys had fun and Brady of course was most interested in all the candy and the bounce house. JJ just sat in the stroller looking at everyone. We had a great time, now let me think, what should we all be next year........

No comments: